April 06, 2017

Travel

Hello Everyone!

Yesterday was a very busy day for me, it's actually 11:30 at night on the same day as yesterday :)
my day still isn't done. I wanted to make sure to have a post ready for you so I will schedule it to post for the morning.

The topic of my post for today is Travel. Some people love to and some don't. I haven't done much of it, but I would have to say that for the places that I have been London is my favourite, then Paris and then Las Vegas. I have been as far East as Quebec in Canada, have visited some of the United States when I was a child and do remember our trip to Alaska and the Yukon quite well. I remember camping in a tent when we stayed in Dawson City and it was daylight 24 hours, the wooden sidewalks, the old buildings and stories of the Gold Rush. That was a favourite trip too, also because my grandfather had come along with us.

Anyways enough about me, what I'm sharing with you today was a gift that I made for a girlfriend of mine. She loves to travel too, and has seen much more than I have. I thought a little book for her to put some pictures in of her travels would be a nice gift.

This is what I came up with...

I found this Travel chipboard book at Michaels.


I did a lot of hodge podging. Then added some embellishments.


On the pages that were big enough to hold a picture, I put mats on them.


I tried to find papers that represented where she has been. Some of these are printed on my printer.




This is how the book looks put together finished.

This was a bit of a bigger project but so much fun to do. It's so nice to see how things turn out after so much selection and thought goes into it. 
Remember to check out my Instagram @stampingmamaof2 and become a follower!

No comments: