March 21, 2016

A Lamp Restored

Hello Everyone!

I'm glad to be here and to be able to share a project with you. While we were on our summer holidays last year we found a great find during one of our shopping trips. As soon as I saw this lamp I knew that it was meant for my daughter's and my dance teacher for a Christmas present. I brought the lamp home, bought a new shade for it, painted the base with a few coats of acrylic and added a touch of glitter. My initial idea was to add tulle to the shade to make the shade look like a tutu. I had started with that idea but the feeling of knowing that it was the right thing to do just didn't come. So I still added some tulle but just in a different way and of course some bling for a final touch. Here is a picture of how the lamp turned out.



I wish I would have thought of taking a before picture but I was just so excited to get started on it that I didn't. This week it's Spring Break from school so the kids are home which is nice, we have no plans yet but hopefully a bit of crafting is in order.

Until next time :)

No comments: