March 22, 2016

A Guy's Birthday Card

Hello Everyone! Today I am sharing a birthday card that I made for my daughter's friend. He had a lazer tag game at his party and the kids were to try and dress with some camouflage colours. I thought it would be fun to try and add a bit of camouflage to the card.

I took some 12x12 printed paper that I bought at Michaels and added some Ranger distress inks to it. Here is a picture to show you the difference once the inking was done.

I then used my new Silhouette Cameo to cut out a Happy Birthday phrase that I bought from The Cutting Cafe, one of my favourite places for cut files. I love my new machine, I am still learning as there are many capable functions with it, like the print and cut which I haven't even attempted yet, but I absolutely love it!! Here is a picture of the finished card.


I am currently working on a few projects and am excited to finish them so I can share them with you.
I unfortunately did finish another birthday card for this past weekend, the cut file that I used for that one was really neat, it was an expandable card that unfolded and it had 55 candles on it, I bought that file over at 3dCuts. I included a direct link to the card so that you can get an idea of what I made, I forgot to take a picture of it. I used some different colours and added some glitter to the flames and some of the candles, also to the wow on the first page. 

Until next time :)


No comments: