September 28, 2015

My Son is 14!

Hi Everyone!

My son turned 14 this month, I am still in awe of it as it seems just like yesterday that he was born. It's amazing how fast your children grow. Everyone tells you when you have a baby to enjoy them as much as you can because before you know it they will be starting school. Yep, they were right. As quickly as that goes by so does their years in school. My son is now in grade 9, that is the last year for middle school here, then off to high school for 3 more years.......yikes!!  He has already started bugging me about getting his learners license, ugh.

Here is the card I made him...



It keeps getting harder for ideas for boy cards.....oh I mean masculine cards, he is not a young boy anymore. Well he is to me but I'm sure he would not agree :)

I embossed the background using my cuttlebug, then inked it up with distress inks by Ranger. The lightening bolt is from an embellishment pack that I found at Michaels. The sentiment was stamped, I then attached a brad to it and left the pin parts to hang out like a tail on it. The number 14 is some foam numbers from the dollar store, I then added blue glitter glue to them to change the colour and add a bit of sparkle. Until next time :)

No comments: