April 18, 2013

Hi Everyone! Today is like Friday for us as the kids have no school tomorrow. I am looking forward to the long weekend and hope to get some reading done. The weather is still colder here so it is still good for staying in and reading.

For the card that I am sharing with you today, I used the stamp set 'Branch Out' from Stampin' Up. I've had the set for a while now and this is the first time that I have used it. I like it and find it very versatile. I think it would be a good set for Father's day cards too.


I used distress inks by Ranger for the background colours, the tree trunk, tire and grass at the bottom of the tree were all done by using the Stampin' Up markers on the stamps. The leaves were done using distress inks and the sentiment comes from the Stampin' Up set 'Painted Posies'. I used my scor pal to score around the edges of the card stock and mounted it onto a brown card.

I really like the look of this it's simple yet beautiful with all of the colours. Well I'm off to go read with the kids at school. Until next time :)

No comments: