August 15, 2011

Star Light Star Bright

Hi Everyone! Today I am sharing with you what I made for my daughter's room. Her favorite color is pink (just like mine....tehehe) so I just had to go with it.

This is one of the images from the July club kit over at A Day for Daisies (aka  ADFD) you can have a good look at the all of the images here and you can find it here at the shop. I just love all of the images over at ADFD and that is why I became a club member. Anyways enough about me and here is what I made...

I am going to hang this up on her bedroom wall. I colored the image in photoshop and added a light pink grunge frame around it using a brush in photoshop. I printed the image out twice so that I could add some dimension to the picture. You can see a little better in this next picture all of the added touches.


I just had to take a close up so I could show you this. The girl on the hammock was a piece that I cut out of the second print and adhered it with dimensional tape. Also the flowers and before adhering them I used my dry embossing tool to round them out a bit for some more shape. After I added the flowers with dimensional tape I then added some glossy accents to them and a mini pearl to the centres. I added some glitter glue to the stars and a bit of it for highlights on the girl. I had so much fun making this!

I am going to enter this over at ADFD blog as they are now looking for 3 new design team members for the club kit members! I am super excited about this and have all my fingers crossed :)

We are also going on vacation tomorrow for a week, so here's hoping the weather is nice and warm and I can get rid of the farmer tan lines. Until next time :)

2 comments:

Anne Fenton said...

I love your card....it so soft and relaxing...great job. Good luck...hope you get on the DT. 'm from Kelowna B.C., and it is always nice to find a fellow Canadian's blog.
Hugz
Anne

Hippieaud (aka Audrey) said...

So cool Anita - love how you cut out the parts of the image and used as a second layer. I love the additions of the glaze as well:)