March 07, 2011

Let the Good Times Roll!

Hi Everyone! The card that I am sharing with you today was made for a challenge going on over at the 7 Kids College Fund Challenge Blog. There challenges run every other Wednesday so you still have lots of time to participate if you want. This time the challenge is 'Mardis Gras Colors'. This is what I came up with...

I became a monthly member over at Dustin Pikes  for his digital images. He is a fantastic artist and I remembered seeing some already colored images for Mardi Gras, so I resized them in photoshop and added some yellow stars and for a background, then added a sentiment and printed it out. I then added some glitter glue to some of the stars and found some green beaded trim (from a Christmas stash of ribbon). 

Yesterday afternoon I made 4 cards and they are all for challenges. I was on such a roll that I think I might try it again today :) My kids coughed all night last night, that kind of coughing where it sounds like their lungs are full of stuff. So I kept them both home today. I'm hoping another day of rest helps, but there just seems to be no end to all of this cold and flu that is going around right now. My husband's cold was going away and suddenly took a u-turn and now is getting worse. I just wish the weather would warm up enough so that I could open some windows up in the house for some fresh air. Off to make some more cards. Until next time :)


2 comments:

Spyder said...

Great card, just love Dustin's images
(Lyn)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Super cute card, I'm a fan of Dustin Pikes too. Hope everyone in your family is feeling better. Thanks for joining in our Purple, Green & Gold challenge at 7 Kids College Fund.

Hugs,
Wendy