March 08, 2011

Joys of the Season

Hi Everyone! The challenges have started over at the Christmas Stampin' All Year Long challenge blog. This week the challenge is 'How Much Bling Can You Bring'. I found a really cute image on the internet and just had to make a card with it.


This is just one of the cutest images, and it brought back memories for me because I remember laying under the Christmas tree and just looking at the beauty of it and feeling that special feeling of Christmas magic overcome me.....  I added the brown frame around the picture in photoshop. I then added some glitter to the image, just to bring the sparkles a little more to life and then added a gold shiny (trim or ribbon) not sure what you would call it, and tied it in a bow. I hand wrote the sentiment, because that is what I was feeling at the time and I didn't have a stamp that size.

* My kids are in school today, they are both still coughing a bit but not as bad. I think that these bugs flying around right now are just going to keep circulating until we can get some warm, stable weather and everyone can air out their homes :) I didn't get to make any cards yesterday but I do need to make one for Saturday as my daughter was invited to a birthday party for one of her dear, sweet friends and it is my brother in laws birthday this weekend and so we are going to take him out on Saturday too. I hope you all have a great day and stay safe out there. Until next time :)


2 comments:

MacKenzie said...

What a great idea for a card! I've never used an image from the internet, but I think you've inspired me. Thanks so much for playing along with the bling challenge over at CSAYL!

PS - Love your blog design. I guess great minds think alike :-)

Joan Ottevanger said...

Lovely card you made for our challenges.Thanks for playing with us at CSAYL.