March 10, 2011

Embossing and Embellishing

Hi Everyone! Wow it's Thursday already and I'll be volunteering in the library this morning (at my kids school), one of my greatest pleasures to do. Be around books and the peace of quiet, which sometimes in life is nice.

This card I am sharing with you today is for the 'E' challenge over at the ABC Christmas Challenge Blog
and the E is for Embossing and Embellishments. This is what I came up with...


I just loved making this card, it's so simple but I love the simplicity and charm of the card. I ran my white card through the cuttlebug with the holly embossing folder then went over the card face with two different colors of green and the adhered some pearls to where the embossed holly berries were. The pearls I buy at the dollar store are all white, I then use my copic markers to color them. Make sure if you are doing this to let you pearls dry well before adhering them. 

I can't believe that tomorrow is Friday already, I think that I am going to treat myself to a noodle bowl and a bubble tea for lunch. I hope that you all have a great day, and try to treat yourself to something today too!
Until next time :)

** I also entered this in a challenge over at CHNC (Crafty HazelNut's Christmas Challenge), this is challenge number #10.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

This is a super card - great idea to colour the pearls with copics - very effective. You might like to also enter it into my CHNC challenge 10 which this week is also asking for the use of embossing - and there's a random prize this week x

Hazel said...

Thank you for joining in my CHNC challenge 10 - I'd be grateful if you would add a link to it in your post - hope to see you again next time. x

Helen said...

Beautiful card - really elegant!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Susan Carlson said...

I found your blog via Facebook. My blog is http://stampinmomoffour.blogspot.com

Samantha said...

Lovely card hunny! Thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hope you can come back and play again too! hugs Samantha :0)

Dezinaworld said...

What an utterly gorgeous christmas card
hugs June x