March 05, 2011

A Brave Knight to the Rescue

Hi Everyone! I made another shadow box for my daughter. I just love making these!! I used Lilyboo Digital Images which you can find here over at the Cuddly Buddly shop. I just love all of the Lilyboo images, especially the latest fairytale ones, they are all just so cute!!

Here is what I made...


The 'Knight to the Rescue' can be found here, I printed two images of him and the princess who will be 'Happily Ever After' and you can get her here. So that I could layer them with dimensional tape. The princess is actually facing the opposite way in the original image, but that is the nice thing about digital images that you can do so easily is flip the image and of course I had to give her some glitter because what princess doesn't sparkle :) . The 'Castle Wall' can be found here. I colored all of the images with copic markers, add you can kind of see on the wall and the knight the gloss, I added some glossy effects to them. The adorable dragon 'Sparky' can be found here and I printed off three of his images , colored the first two images completely then added glitter to his body on the second image. I layered those  then colored only the head on the third image cut it out and then added a bit of glitter and layered that. It gives him more of a 3D look to him. The grass was punched out and then adhered with dimensional tape. Oh and I just love the background paper because where else would you find a beautifully colored sky with flowers in it, except for in a fairytale. 

I am entering this into a Challenge over at Stamp Something. This weeks challenge is to use digital images and I used 4 in this project, so I thought why not :0)

On a personal note my kids are sick again, ugh..... and I have started reading the Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. I just finished the third book which I started Thursday night and will be going to get the next one today. Oh they are really good!! I hope you all have a great weekend!! Until next time :)


1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is so wonderful! I love the frame and the art inside is just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something this week!