February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!! I would like to give a shout out to one of my friends Merlie over at Cherish My Fetish and wish her and her hubby a 'Happy Anniversary'!!!

I am sharing the valentines that I made for my kids classes this year. My son brought in my daughters for her as she is still home sick today. I was going to make some atc's this year and then thought why not make something that the kids will actually get some use out of. So I made bookmarks instead :)

Both of my projects feature some adorable images from Bugaboo Stamps, January digi stamp collection!!
This is the one I made for my son's grade 4 class.

In photoshop I colored the images, added the grey circle to ground them, added the sentiments and then added some circles using a brush on the dragon image to give it an effect that he is munching on the heart.
Here is the one I made for my daughter's grade 2 class.

On the red bookmarks, I used a Unity background stamp and some word stamps I think by Inkadoo but I can't quite remember. I only used Ranger's distress inks on both bookmarks. The background stamp on the pink bookmark is by SU and the heart and sentiment stamp are by Studio G. 

I thought about making girl ones for girls and boy ones for boys and then I said to myself that what the kids give out should reflect a bit about them. So this is why I did them this way and I just love how they turned out...... oh yeah and so do my kids :)

1 comment:

Merlie said...

Thanks for the shout-out!! I know... 8 years went by so fast! Love the girly card the best and you have been busy with the cards for school too. I actually got all mine done 2 weeks ago. Yeah for me!