February 27, 2011

D is for Double Trouble

Hi Everyone! It is getting late on Sunday night here, and I am away on a field trip tomorrow so I am posting now. I am entering into the D challenge over at the ABC Christmas Challenge Blog. The D is for Double Trouble challenge is to use 2 papers, and at least 2 embellishments and a digital image, but there isn't much time left. Here is my card for this challenge...

Oh and just I was typing this post I realized the digital image part and gosh darn it I used a stamp, a cute one by Cornish Heritage Farms but alas not a digi image (bad me) oh well it's another Christmas card done.

Oh and I have some exciting news, well for me anyways :) I have finally caught up with all of the challenges over at the ABC Christmas Challenge Blog and now have all of my cards done right through from A - D. Yahoo!! I know that these cards can not be entered but I just wanted to finish them for me and now I did. Here are the cards...

This is my card for the A challenge (Anything Goes)
The image and sentiment are from a Kim Hughes stamp set called 'Christmas Critters'. I stamped the moose on brown cardstock, then fun flocked his antlers and added some black enamel accents by Ranger to his nose. 

This card is for the C challenge (Clean and Simple)
For this card I did paper piecing for my very first time and it was fun! I stamped the images once on white cardstock, then on two different DP. The white cardstock is where I colored the tree stumps brown and the heart with the strap for the second tree. I cut the heart and strap piece out along with the other trees and glued it to the white piece that I stamped originally. I hope that makes sense. The stamp and sentiment are from a Kim Hughes stamp set called 'Heart Warmers'. 

Oh and the 'B' Challenge is the one other that I entered on time. You can find that card here at this post .

I hope that you all had a great weekend!! Until next time :)

3 comments:

Delphine said...

Ohh, too bad about the digi image, but your cards are all lovely, Anita! And congratulations on catching up with the previous challenges, you are going to be ready for Christmas! Thanks for joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge and hope to see you next week too:-) Delphine xxx

Samantha said...

very well done for catching up! great to see all your cards! Thanks for playing along with us on the ABC Christmas Challenge, hugs Samantha :0)

Helen said...

These are all fab - so pleased to see we're helping you get prepared for Christmas!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x