January 06, 2011

Outta This World

Hi Everyone!! First let me just say how happy I am to be able to post today. I tried posting last night but blogger wouldn't allow me to.....Oh well that is what happens sometimes within this wonderful world of technology that we live in.

I am super excited to share this project that I did. It is a shadow box that I made for my son. The theme of the box is going to be his new bedroom theme. All of the images are by Lilyboo Designs and you can find them here over at Cuddly Buddly Crafts.



I first painted the wooden frame with white acrylic paint as a base layer. Once it dried (which doesn't take long) I went over it with silver acrylic paint. The DP for the background had a bit of a design to it, but I went over it with a speckled background and some white versamagic ink. The shooting star, rocket ship, astronaut, martian and the planet are all Lilyboo Design digital stamps. I colored them in with copic markers and added some glitter here and there with glitter glue. The puffy stars are cut from a ribbon that I found at a dollar store. They are originally white and I also colored them with copic markers, then adhered them with glue dots.

I am off to wash the van before I pick the kids up from school. The weather has been nice here for the last few days but I here that it is going to snow starting tonight and is going to turn cold by the weekend. Then I am taking the kids to Walmart where they are going to have their own shopping sprees with some gift cards that they received from loved ones for Christmas. Oh and yipee cause tomorrow is Friday!
Until next time :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

What a fun item for your boy! Those space elements are too fun...a couple of years ago (well, I guess more like four), that would have been right up Tristan's alley!