January 17, 2011

More Fun With Inks

Hi Everyone! Well my Monday didn't start off so well, my daughter has been arguing with me all weekend and it continued on this morning. Then the kids were nearly 20 minutes late for school. So I then headed to the gym for an Attack class and decided to stay for a Flow class afterward and I am so glad that I did. The stretching and meditating were just what I needed. I feel refreshed and hopefully ready for whatever comes my way later on today.....meaning my daughter. The weather here is still in the -20C and with the wind chill it feels like the -30C. I sure hope that a break in this cold comes soon, it would be a nice change.

Today I am sharing another little thing I did, it isn't a card yet but I will use it for one. I did a bit more of stencilling with distress inks and then blinged it up a bit with glitter. See what I mean...


The bottom row of butterflies were punched out using a Martha Stewart wide border punch and some purple cardstock. I first went over the background with 'mustard seed' distress ink, then I placed the border in place as a stencil near the top, then added some 'scattered straw' distress ink only from the bottom working my way up. Then added some 'spiced marmalade' distress ink the same way and then went over it a bit with 'milled lavender' distress ink. I then flipped the border over and adhered it to the background and then went over the stencilled butterflies and the border with some clear glitter glue.

Right now I have been doing some reorganizing in my room. My hubby has officially put me on a spending freeze ( can't say I blame him ) so I am going through all my stuff. What once was new is new again. Seriously I have a lot of stuff, I hate when my friends want to see my craft room because all they say is 'wow it's like going to Michaels' *filled with embarrassment* So that gives you an idea of how much stuff I have. I am going to get reorganized and use up all of my stuff, I hope that all of those terrific ideas I had that made me buy everything in the first place come rushing back to me. Oh and just to let you know how the spending freeze is going, well at first I literally felt like I was going through withdrawal (I used to smoke many years ago) and then I knew at that moment that I had a major problem. It is getting much better the stores are easy to stay away from, but this online shopping is much harder. I love blog hopping and seeing what's new and 'oh did you say a sale!! well okay then.' Oh yeah right I can't....... and that is how it is going so far. Okay enough of me blabbering, I'm off to blog hop and then hopefully more reorganizing before it's time to pick up the kids. Until next time :)

No comments: