January 15, 2011

Love Birds

Hi Everyone! I know it's Saturday and I'm posting....what a shock :) I just thought I would make up for the few days I missed this week from not feeling to good. I am showing you a little something I inked up using distress inks by Ranger and a stencil that I found at the dollar store.


I used three shades of red (tattered rose, worn lipstick and aged mahogany) then a touch of weathered wood for a shading effect. To me it appears as if the birds are sitting on a branch together watching the sunrise :) Oh so romantic. I am going to be using this for a valentines card this year. When I'm done I'll make sure to show you the finished card. And speaking of Valentines I am going to having my very first card class!! I am super excited about it and am now trying to come up with some ideas for it. I have been racking my brain lately, I have a few ideas but I need to start making them to see if will all come together in the 2 hours that the class is going to be. 

I hoep that you all are able to enjoy your weekend and I sure hope that a break comes from all this freezing cold weather that we have been having. Until next time :)

No comments: