January 29, 2011

It's Snowing!

Hi Everyone! We had to say good-bye to our beautiful +15C weather and it is now snowing again. We have already had at least 5 inches and it is still snowing. I am glad that there is no wind, which would make it even colder and the roads in worse condition. I am sad for my brother as he is coming in tonight to visit for two weeks from London, England and we no longer have nice weather. With the change in the weather here, I am sure all of the skiers are extremely happy and who can blame them after all it is still January. With that being said this card is perfect for today.


This is Ben, Lilyboo Designs image and you can find it him here over at Cuddly Buddly Crafts. The DP has snowflakes on it, and so does the ribbon along with some sparkles and the acrylic snowflakes in the bottom right corner are some neat embellies that I found at the local dollar store. I attached them using glue dots. I attached the image using double sided adhesive foam to pop it out from the card. I colored the image using copic markers and then added a bit of glitter glue to some areas on the snow. This would actually make a great card for invites for a ski party. There are many ski resorts in our area, even a ski hill in our city here so a ski party is definitely something that happens around here in the winter time :)

I am staying in today and will be down to my mom's tomorrow to see my brother! My son stayed home yesterday because he wasn't feeling very well in the morning and as the day progressed he became worse with a high fever. His fever was 102 this morning but has come down for now and he actually ate something not long ago. I hope that he starts to feel better soon, I feel so bad for him. We had a movie day all day yesterday as he drifted in and out of sleep. I took him to bed around 8pm last night and he slept till 8am this morning. He is still laying down but at his fever has gone down to 100. I will be watching him today and pray that my daughter doesn't get this too. 

I hope that you all have a great weekend!! Oh my kids have no school on Monday so that is a bonus!! Until next time :)

No comments: