January 26, 2011

Believe In Yourself

Hi Everyone! I started making this card for a challenge and then became so involved with the card and adding the embellishments that I forgot to follow the rules of the challenge. So now this one is just for fun, but it does carry a very important message.


This adorable girl is named 'Darcy' and she is one of the fabulous digital images from Whoopsi Daisy. I just love these images. Darcy already came colored so I just had to find some leopard print (or cheetah?) paper to go with this image. I actually found a variety of animal print paper to print over at Free Digital Scrapbooking. I also punched the flowers out with this paper. The word believe is stamped and then I hand wrote the rest, then used some distress inks by Ranger around the edges of the white cardstock. The rhinestones were all attached using my new IRock (which has been sitting in my room in the packaging for quite some time now, so I finally opened it up and used it!) and a stencil kit for IRock. It worked pretty well, but you do have to have some patience. I found that some rhinestones will glue really fast and some are quite stubborn and need some extra time. The bigger rhinestones take a while to glue down. All in all I like how it turned out and I will definitely be using those tools again.

I saw something the other day which is kind of amusing and also kind of makes you say wth (meaning what the heck). I finally took a picture of it yesterday with my phone, so I'll plug it in today and try and get it uploaded for you. Until next time :)



No comments: