January 20, 2011

B is for Black and White

is the name of the challenge going on over at ABC Christmas Challenge blog.

Hi Everyone! I am excited to be getting back to my regular posting time :) This card is for the challenge I mentioned above. I am really going to try my best at participating in each challenge, unfortunately I found the blog after the 'A' challenge happened but I want to make it all the way through to Z. The name of the challenge right now is called 'B is for Black and White' and you need to make a card using only black and white, but the image itself can have color in it. The amazing Dustin Pike is the sponsor this challenge and so the image I used is a Dustin Pike image.


Isn't this such a cute image. I added some color to it in photoshop before I printed it out. I used a copic grey marker to added footprints in the snow and some shadowing. I am trying to portrait friends coming together even on a snowy evening to send out their wishes to Santa. The black paper that I used is very thin and I found it in some packaging. I ran it through the cuttlebug, then went over the embossing with some white ink. I must say that I am really impressed with the ink that I used. Look how well it stands out on the black paper, it is a little ink block from Studio G that I purchased at Michaels for $1.50 'can you say wow!!' You wouldn't really think that cheap ink would work so well but it did and I have to say thank you to Studio G for making it happen :) I also added some white enamel accents by Ranger to the background. Those are the whiter dots that you see. I am not to sure about the product yet although it is the first time that I have used it. I just found it a little thin and it was hard to not get drippy marks when trying to make the dots. But as I said it was my first time using the product and I am definitely going to be using it some more. I also have it in black and can't wait to try that too. The sentiment is a stamp by Studio G which also means it came from the $1.50 bin at Michaels. 

Well it's really late for me so I am off to bed. Until next time :)

3 comments:

Dustin Pike said...

Love your coloring in photoshop...Awesome card

Samantha said...

Hey hunny, Great to see you on the ABC Christmas Challenge I know you said you missed A but you could make any Christmas card and show us by leaving a link in the comments to say you have caught up! I love this card and the way you have done the background too!
hope to see you soon at ABC Christmas Challenge hugs Samantha :0)

Dot said...

Hi Anita!
I want to say like Samantha; welcome to the ABC Christmas Challenge. I hope you will join us during the up comming challenges. You have made a great card with a realy sweet image. Good luck. Hugs Dorte