December 21, 2010

Thomas Kinkade for Christmas

Hi Everyone!! Well I would love to have Thomas Kinkade over for Christmas or better yet go over to his place, but we all know that won't be happening :) So instead I awww over his beautiful creations. I'll show you what I mean in a bit.

 On a personal note **I had the most fantastic day yesterday!! I spent the afternoon with my bestest girlfriends  baking. We all picked a different recipe and made a batch for each of us. It sure is nice getting all of your holiday baking done in one day :)

The cards that I am sharing with you today are the ones that I made for my Mom's cards this year. Each year she places an order with me to do her cards for her, she is my best paying customer :)  Thanks Mom!!

I tried something new to make these cards. I saw a card on display at Scrapbooker's Paradise (A scrapbooking store in Calgary) and it was of a stamped image with be creative double sided adhesive sheet and some crystal glitter ritz over top. I loved the look of it and thought it would make some really neat looking Christmas cards. As many of you know, Cornish Heritage Farms was recently sold and the store is now closed. When the announcement came out about the closing I place an order right away for any Thomas Kinkade stuff that I could, as Thomas Kinkade is my mom's favourite artist and also one of mine. For these cards I used the Thomas Kinkade Christmas series paper pack, then I put the double sided adhesive sheets over the image and then the glitter. This is how they turned out.






I used an ivory colored cardstock for the card. I found that the images stood out better with a darker background behind them, so I used a brown cardstock for that. After applying the glitter I then punched each corner of the images and adhered to the brown cardstock. I then glued rhinestones to each corner. The Merry Christmas stamp is from the $1.50 bin at Michaels (all of these stamps are by Studio G).
I love how these cards turned out!! I have some bigger images 8x8 so I am thinking about doing this to them and then framing them (maybe as a gift for someone). 

We are getting ready for a party that we are having tomorrow evening. I am really looking forward to it, it will be with all of my lovely cookie baking girlfriends and their families. There will be 14 kids and so far 8 adults coming. Our house will be full and it is going to be so much fun!! How are all your Christmas festivities coming along so far? Until next time :)

No comments: