December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas Everyone!! I hope that you are all having a wonderful day with your family and enjoying each other immensely. We are having a great day here, all the presents are open and our bellies are full of turkey. 

This is the card that I made for this year.

I found this fantastic vintage image of Santa over at Graphics Fairy, you can always find some amazing vintages images there. I first changed the color of the image a bit (like a sepia color) then added a grunge frame around it (using a brush) and then added the Santa signature in the right bottom corner. This to me looks like the photo of the original Santa. The black trim on the left side was made using an EK Success deep border punch, I roughed up the edges of the photo, the leaves were punched out using a Martha Stewart punch and the paper was first distressed with inks then adhered a red rhinestone and stamped the sentiment which is from Papertrey Ink's 'Mixed Messages' set. 

Here is a close up for you.


This is what the inside of the cards look like.


I actually did the alcoholic ink look in photoshop and printed it out before adding the image and tree. I found this fantastic inking action at Atomic Cupcake. Here I'll show you the before and after of the cardstock.

Before:

and After:

Now I'll show you the difference in the green cardstock that I used for the leaves. For this change I had a lot of fun and got my fingers all inky. I used Tim Holtz's distressing inks.

Before:

and After:

I had fun making my cards this year! I already have ideas for next year, with all of the fantastic Penny Johnson stamps that my brother sent me for my first half of my Christmas present this year!! Then I opened my second half this morning and it was a stack of Lily of the Valley stamps!!! Can you give a Whoohoooo!! I can't wait to start inking these gorgeous things up, but maybe not until the 27th. I may be  a little brave tomorrow and check out Michaels with my $150 gift card from my hubby {{Hugs}} and then who knows what I'll do with the money that my parents gave me. Well that's not true, I know that it will be craft shopping, I just don't know where yet??? Any suggestions?? 

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, I think I will be away a few days, catching up on some rest, organizing and crafting. Maybe I'll peek in once in a while and show you some of my goodies :)

Until next time :)








2 comments:

PetraB said...

A wonderful card. I love the effects you achieved for the backgorunds.

Arlene said...

Great card. I, too, love using the Graphics Fairy images. You've made this image a super Santa.