October 24, 2010

Lily Skating

Hi Everyone!! I have been really sick this past week and I lost my voice yesterday. I still haven't found it but my sore throat is finally gone, except for when I cough which is constantly with that irritating tickle that says 'hahaha you're not gonna stop me from making you cough', I have fever and not alot of energy at all. When I move around too much I am dizzy so yesterday I spent the day watching movies with my kids. We watched 5 movies yesterday (I think that must be some sort of record or something :) ) and then last night my hubby and son went to a hockey game and my daughter and I watched 2 more movies.....so 7 in total for us girls.  Anyway I am slowly running out of energy here so I will quickly move on and post my card.

This card uses an image by Lilyboo Designs which you can buy over at Cuddly Buddly Crafts. The image I used is called 'Lily Skating' and you can get her => here <=


This is one of the fantastic Christmas circles that Sam has created and the thing I love most is that this image is so versatile that you can use it for Christmas or something else. I decided that since my Mom loves to ice skate so much that I was using this image for her birthday card. I cut the image and some background paper out to make it look like a snow globe (my Mom also loves snow globes) and then wrote the sentiment on the bottom of the globe, like you see on so many real snow globes. The designer paper that you see as the first layer from the card base is by Como Cricket 'Hey Sugar - Be Mine' set.
For the outside of the circle I used some snow writer and the blue ribbon is velvet.

Gotta go my tank just ran out, and my kids are calling. Hope that you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. I am hoping to go and take a nap.

No comments: