October 01, 2010

Happy Wedding

Hi Everyone! I spent the day shopping with my Mom today, first the farmers market and then we checked out the new expansion at Chinook mall. It was a full day of shopping and then I was off to pick up the kids from school. Thanks for such a fun day Mom!

Here is the wedding card that I was telling you about yesterday. I had a request from a friend to make a wedding card for her to send to Japan. This is what I came up with.

The image is 'The Happy Couple' by Christy Croll and you can get it here over at Tiddly Inks. I just love her work :)  I colored the happy couple with copic markers and then added some bling. Here is a close up of the image.
I used colored glitter glue to added the sparkle (the $1.50 bottle of colored glitter glue by Studio G that you can get at Michaels) and it is really hard to see in the picture but I also added 'white mist' colored scribbles (which is a fabric paint, it is like liquid pearls) to the dress and head piece so it actually looks very shiny in real life. I wish the camera could have picked that up better. 
The background circle is one piece that I cut out using a circle nestie from spellbinders, then went over it with some distress ink (pumice stone color) I cut the image out then adhered it to the circle background and went around the image with a grey copic marker. The circle frame with the flowers is another digital image called 'Blossom Frame' by Bird's Cards (sorry I tried to get a link for you to her site but an error kept coming up). I colored the flowers with copic markers and the circle frame too, then added some glitter glue to the circle and the center of the flowers. I then adhered that over top of the image. 

These are the copic markers that I used for this project.

And this is the background paper that I created in photoshop using a pattern.
After the paper dried from printing I added some yellow glitter glue. The same glitter glue that I used for the circle blossom frame. You can see from the pictured of the card to this picture how much of a difference it makes just to add some glitter. 

Okay so that was a super long post :) I have absolutely no plans for the weekend so I am hoping to catch up on some crafting. I have a few projects that I need to get done, also I have a lot of hemming that needs to get done too or my kids are going to wear out the few pairs of pants that they can wear now. 
I hope that you all have a fantastic weekend and maybe I'll pop in with something. Until next time :)



No comments: