September 30, 2010

Halloween

Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been busy lately and forgot to post my other halloween cards that I made using my cricut. Here are two more cards.

The cardstock for this card is orginally a light colored grey and I went over it with some distress ink (pumice stone color) and applied it by making streaks across the card. I wanted to give a cloudy/foggy look to the card, then I stamped some bats onto the background. The moon, tree and wording are cut out on the cricut using the Mini Monsters cartridge. I used some distress inks on the moon (scattered straw and dried marigold colors) and sponged some white ink onto the bottom of the letters. I hand written 'in the night' and that was it. 


The background on this card was orginally a really light colored purple, I first went over the cardstock with 'aged mahogany' distress ink and then used 'dusty concord'. The fence and wording with ghost were also cut out on the cricut using the Mini Monsters cartridge. I glued the fence onto the card then went over the word spooky and the ghost with some distress ink (pumice stone color) and then adhered that to the card using double sided foam tape.

So these are some really simple cards and fun to make! You could make up a batch of these pretty quickly.....but be warned you fingers will get inky :)

I just finished a wedding card last night that was a request from a friend, she is sending it to Japan. Tomorrow I will share that card with you. Until next time :)



No comments: