August 02, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!

Hi Everyone! Today is my Dad's birthday and I thought I would give him a shout out and share with you all the card that I made for him.

This is my first step card creation and I love making these, they are so easy to make.

I used PTI's 'Everyday Button Bits' stamp set for this card. Everything on the card is from the stamp set (the grass, the tree stumps, the hot air balloon baskets and the sentiment). I punched out some textured paper for the tree tops and then adhered some buttons for the hot air balloons. I also sponged a bit of white crafters ink (by SU) to give the effect of clouds. I tried to keep it as simple as possible and not go all girly on it :0)

I found the tutorial for making the side step card over at Julie Davison's blog. Here is a ==>link<== to the tutorial page, just in case you want to try it out for yourself. Thanks Julie for sharing your terrific ideas!

Well we have had a super busy weekend, we went to a barbecue on Saturday night, then yesterday we went to my parents for lunch to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Then when we came home our neighbours had set up a new basket ball hoop that they just got, so we spent the rest of the afternoon playing basketball and throwing a football around. The kids had a ton of fun, then we had them over for a barbecue. Lets just say that I am tired and I now need a crafting day to recuperate *wink* It's a good thing it's rainy today :) Hope you all are enjoying your Monday. Until next time :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the card Anita!
Looks awesome!

Mel