August 20, 2010

Copic Creations Challenge - Reflections

Hi Everyone! Yeah it's Friday....how happy are we right!?!
This card is for the Copic Creations challenge this week. It's all about reflections and boy what a challenge!! I am really glad that I entered, I really want to keep up with using my markers.

Here is my card for the challenge.

The image is by Dustin Pike (and I so love all of his work, he is a super talented artist!!) you can see more of his work here at his blog I printed the digital image off then colored with my copics. I wanted to keep the card simple as to not take away from the image, because I think it really makes the whole card. I found some letter stickers and hand wrote the rest. I used some canvas textured paper for the background to make the card look like a framed picture.

Copic Markers Used:
B00, B12, B23, BG10, YG11, YG17, Y11, R24, CB (colorless blender)

I'll be back Monday with more cards, hope that you all have a great weekend!! Until next time :)

9 comments:

Debbie said...

I am so glad you kept this simple becasue he is a cutie and I can see why you used him.. Great job with the challenge

Jami {sgtStamper} said...

What a fabulous card! I love how you've framed the image and the handwritten letters are so perfect!! Great reflections and coloring! Thanks for joining us at CC! hugs, jami

Cheryl said...

Dustin does do excellent work AND SO DO YOU! Love your lounging dragon! Excellent job with the challenge!
Thanks for joining in!

Lilian said...

Cute cute cute! Gorgeous coloring and love the reflection! Thanks for joining the Copic Creations challenge!

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Love your card, Debbie, and great job on your reflections. Thanks so much for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Rica said...

Fabulous card - love the simplicity of it and that is one gorgeous image. Brilliant colourwork and great reflections.
Thanks for joining us at Copic creations.
hugs Heather xx

Jane Wetzel said...

Adorable card and REFLECTION! WOW! glad u joined us at Copic Creations!

Katie Cotton said...

such a sweet card! Thanks so much for playing along in the copic creations challenge with us!

Suzanne J Dean said...

What a cute & happy image this is--love the bright colors and the reflection is done so nicely! Thanks for joining us on the challenge!

hugz,
Suzanne