July 01, 2010

Summer Challenge at Lilyboo

Hi Everyone! Well the Lilyboo team is back after a month off 'Thanks Lou' and I am super excited to be apart of it all!! With the beginning of a new month it's that time again for a Lilyboo Challenge <=click here to join! Now that summer is here it's only appropriate to have a summer challenge and their are lots of amazing Lilyboo images to inspire you! Make sure that if you are entering a Lilyboo Challenge that you are using a Lilyboo image on your entry, cause that just makes sense :)

My project for the summer challenge is a sign that I made to show my guests which way to my garden and so I called it 'This Way to My Garden' lol. The image that I used is called 'Paper Cup House' and can be found here.


I had so much fun coloring this image with my copic markers. Everytime I look at this I think of my two most favorite summertime drinks, lemonade and pink lemonade. I used a blending technique on the cup called feathering to get that kind of effect. I just love the way this turned out and it looks amazing on my wall! The background was done using distress ink 'scattered straw' by Ranger and the lettering was done on the cricut. Sure hope that you join us this month for the challenge, I would really love to see what you can do with a boo! Until next time :)

No comments: