July 09, 2010

It's later and here is a fruity one

Hi Everyone! I said that I was going to back later with a card and it's most definitely later. It's nearly midnight here :)  The kids and I had a great day today, enjoyed the heat then cooled off in the sprinkler this evening before bed.

Here is the card that I am sharing with you today. I made this one for one of the July birthday's this month, I'm not sure if they received it yet or not, so I don't want to spoil it :)
This one is a fruity, sweet card. I found it quite a challenge using this DP but I enjoyed myself and I am going to try to play with fruit more often.


The fruit DP is from Basic Grey's 'Nook and Pantry' collection. The green checkered DP behind it is from DCWV 'Nana's Nursery' collection. Both pieces of DP are adhered at the top of the pieces leaving the bottoms easy to roll at the ends for some depth and dimension. *This is a trick I learned from taking Jessica Sprague's Computer Tricks for cards class. If you ever have the chance to sign up for one of her many different classes you should, and every once in a while she offers a free class to take too. This class is my third class with Jessica and she is awesome, actually this class I'm doing now was a free one. 

Okay back to the card. The pear was cut out from the DP then I covered it in crystal effects, adhered it using foam tape and the stamp is a Studio G one from Michaels. 

I'm off to bed now, until next time :)

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Love this card, and what a great tip! Your card is perfect for a summer birthday.