July 23, 2010

Family!

Hi Everyone! I have been working on a few projects and today I want to share something that I made for my own house :)

This is a wood piece that I purchased at the local dollar store. I have it on my fireplace mantel in our family room.

I first painted the piece with acrylic paint, then went over it a few times with distress inks by Ranger. The first color of distress ink I used was scattered straw and then tea dye. This darkened up the yellow paint (which matches my walls better) and then I went over the edges of the letters, the base and stamped swirls all with Stazon timber brown ink by Tsukineko. *just a note, I found that the distress inks took a long time to dry (maybe because of being used on wood or the paint, I'm not sure) and also that the Stazon ink worked great for this project. So a big thank you to the nice lady at Scrapbooker's Paradise (I never did get her name) that told me to try Stazon ink you were right :)

I have some other wood pieced words that I purchased at the dollar store (to hang on a wall) so I want to get started on those and hang them up in my craft room. 

**Another note, please make sure to pay a visit to Allison's blog 'Stampin When I Can' as she has put out a card request for a dear friend of hers. Thanks!!
Until next time :)

1 comment:

Loopylou!! said...

oh that is just gorgeus hun, i love the colours and the swirly bits xx