June 23, 2010

Here I Am

Hi Everyone! Well my brother left today, as it was his last day to visit with us I kept the kids out of school so that we could spend the day together. I tried to spend as much time with him as possible while he was here (hence my lack of posts lately) and I have also been volunteering at the school because as many of you know the last week of school is crazy busy and the teachers need all the help that they can get.

I do have a card to share with you today. On Father's Day I should you the card that I made for my Dad, so today I am going to show you the one I made for my Hubby.


I embossed the background using a cuttlebug script folder, then went over that with some different colors of distress inks by ranger (antique linen, tea dye and faded jeans) I think the color effect turned out really neat. The silhouette was a custom shape vector that I made into a svg cutting file. After I adhered the silhouette using foam tape for dimension I then covered it in diamond glaze to give it a glossy coat. 

Well it is definitely back to the grind for me tomorrow, unfortunately that will not include going to the gym as I re-injured my neck two weeks ago and it is still bothering me. Tonight I am going to try some super cool pillow that my dear Mommy has lent me :) I sure hope that I don't wake up from pain again tomorrow. I will be volunteering again (probably most of the day) and do have a few errands to run which includes running some groceries to a friend.......wish me luck!
Until next time :)


No comments: