May 12, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Hi Everyone! The sky is blue here today and the sun is shining bright, looks like Spring has finally arrived here in Calgary. I am keeping my fingers crossed just in case.

Today is my daughter's teacher's birthday......I think I said that right.....and this is the card that I made for her.


This is my most favourite technique lately. Running some cardstock through the cuttlebug with an embossing folder and then inking the embossing lightly using distress inks by Ranger. It's so easy to do and gives such a beautiful effect. The flowers are beads (I think) and I found them at the dollar store, I attached them using glue dots, added a bit of stickles in places, tied some sheer ribbon into a bow and the sentiment was done on the computer. I used the brads to attach the sentiment to the green background and then adhered it to the card using foam tape for some dimension. So simple yet so elegant, not to mention that green and pink are my favourite colours. Wow there has been alot of my favourites lately. Seems that I haven't had comments in a super long time....so why don't some of you please leave me a comment and let me know what your favourite techniques are. You never know, this just may be some good practice for some blog candy that I will have coming up later this week :)

Until next time :)


No comments: