May 07, 2010

Birthdays and Anniversarys

Hi Everyone! I have had a busy week, the kids had swimming lessons with school this week so I volunteered all week with helping class to the pool and back and that took up my afternoons but I definitely didn't mind because it was so much fun watching them swim. So the mornings were filled with errands and what not. The kids last day of swimming was yesterday so today I stayed home and did some card making!! Yeah it was so much fun!!

The cards that I am sharing with you today are two that I made last week. The first one is for my Hubby as it was his Birthday on the 1st.




The image is a Thomas Kinkade stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms called 'The Good Life'. The paper I stamped it onto has a canvas texture and I used chalks to colour the image. I sprayed the image with a sealer and then went over it with distress ink by Ranger. I distressed the edges of the paper using the distress tool by Ranger, I love that little tool so much easier than using scissors and there is no risk of cutting an edge. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's 'Mixed Messages' set. 

This next card was for our Wedding Anniversary which was the past Wednesday.



The cardstock is from Scrapbook Sally (I bought a whole bunch of paper from there when she closed down her store) and the stamps are Inkadinkado's 'Wedding' set.  For the faux stitching I used a white gelly roll pen by Sakura and after stamping the sentiment using versamark, I then traced the sentiment with the gelly roll pen. The tag insert was punched out then I stamped which is soooo easy to do with clear stamps and added some ribbon and a brad. I cut the pocket out by hand and folded over the top to make it look more like a pocket. I then attached the pocket using foam tape to give some dimension and to make it easier to slide the tag in and out. 

Well that's it for me today, but I will have lots more to share so make sure to come back!
Until next time :)


No comments: