March 25, 2010

With Sympathy

Hi Everyone! Today I am sharing a 'sympathy' card that my husband asked me to make for a work colleague of his. It is a very sad story, this work colleague's Mother in Law passed away from cancer only one week after she was diagnosed. This is a reminder for everyone to please visit the doctor's more often, especially when you have a cold, a nagging cough or pains that just seem to never go away.

Here is the card that I made:

The flowers are a digital image from Paper Garden Projects and you can get it here
I printed the digital image twice, painted the flowers with acrylic paint and a brush, let it dry covered the vase with crystal effects (on one of the images) then cut out the two printed images. I cut the flowers from the second image so that I could layer them on top of the first. The sentiments are from Papertrey Ink and I stamped the background with a stamp from an old set from Stampin' Up. The edging was done with a border punch from Martha Stewart and the oval was cut using a Spellbinder's nestie. 
This type of card is called an easel card. Oh and a shout out to Nancy.....'Thanks for the tip sheet' I sent one out with the card :)

We are off to parent - teacher interviews today. For our kids they are student led so it should be fun. 
Hope that you all are having a great day, and for everyone who is lucky enough to have their spring break also start today.....CoNGrAtS!!

No comments: