March 15, 2010

Finished Acrylic Albumn and Lots of Pics

Hi Everyone! I hope that you all had a great weekend. We did and the weather here has been sunny and warm which is a bonus. I have A LoT of pictures to share with you today. Remember that acrylic albumn that I was working on, you can see it in this post. Anyways I am done and I made a card to go with the present.

First lets start with the card.


I used DP from DCWV paper pack Nanny's Nursery 'Baby Boy'. The Baby Boy, robot and stars stamps are from Scrappy Cat LLC  'Baby Boy' set. The 'A Star is Born' stamp is from Papertrey Ink's 'Favor it Baby' set. The star embellishments are cut from some ribbon I found at the dollar store. I used the Scor-pal to emboss the background.

Now onto the albumn (this albumn was seriously my most prized possession and it was my most proudest moment ever (as a crafter) when I gifted it).

I left the first page the same:


Here is the second page:


If you click on the pictures they will enlarge. The sentiments on all of the pages were directly stamped onto them using black stazon ink. Now the smaller images were first stamped onto some clear acrylic sheets (I like keeping the cover sheets that you pull off of the clear stamp sets, **note*** as long as they are the sturdy ones, not the thin flimsy ones) I stamped the images onto one side of the acrylic sheet using black stazon ink, once the images dried completely, I cut them out first then I flipped them over and painted the back side using acrylic paints. I mostly used Adirondack paint dabbers by Ranger but for the colors that I didn't have I used acrylic paint by Craft Smart and applied it using a foam paint brush. With the paint still wet I carefully picked them up not to smudge the paint and placed them onto the pages of the albumn. Make sure to place them with the paint side onto the page, once the paint dries your images will be stuck in place.....no need for glue. 

Here is the third page:


Here is the fourth page:


And this is the last page:


Here is a picture of the completed albumn put together:


And a close up of all of the mini bows that I tied:


I told you I had alot of pictures to share with you today :) I have found more acrylic albumns to play with so I will be making more in the future. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, just leave a comment and I will do my best to answer them for you.
Oh and the stamp sets used for this are Papertrey Ink's 'Favor it Baby' and Scrappy Cat LLC 'Baby Boy'.

Until next time :)





No comments: