March 01, 2010

EONAC - Ribbon Bit Challenge

Hi Everyone! I thought I would give the EONAC challenge a try this week 'Ribbon Bitties'.


I have a jar full of leftover ribbon bits. So I brought out the 'Stiffy' fabric stiffener.......yes I am talking about a product. Whenever I am at the store I am always on the look for different things as my ideas are flowing around my head and I saw this fabric stiffener and thought it must be good for something. Well it works really neat on your ribbon!! I put some on the smaller green ribbon Saturday night and just let it dry over night (the bottle says 45 min.) The next day the ribbon was stiff and easy to shape. So I created the flower stems using the stiff ribbon and gave it a bit of a twirl. I had a bunch of pieces of hot pink ribbon and immediately wanted to make flowers with them, the first is two pieces of ribbon and then the second is my version of a ribbon rose. I used a different green ribbon piece for the leaf on the rose. And last but not least a piece of white for the tag. The fence was made with my newest Martha Stewart border punch.

Okay that's it for me today...........oh yeah and if you missed it I had some Really Super Exciting news yesterday, and you can read all about it on the post below!!  ****grinning ear to ear****

Until next time :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

So innovative an idea for using up ribbon! Perfect with that trellis punch! Thanks for playing!

Susie said...

Fabulous idea! I must try this. Wonderful card. Thanks so much for playing.