February 24, 2010

Thinking of You 'Grunge Style'

Hi Everyone! This card that I am sharing with you today is a little digital and a little inky. I first created the main image in Photoshop. I purchased the Chandelier Brush here at ScrapNFonts, the grunge background is also a photoshop brush and then the font. I printed that then used some distress inks which added a really nice effect. I also added some 'rock candy' distress stickles on parts of the chandelier.



The rhinestones along the bottom of the card are all individually placed. I purchased the rhinestones at the dollar store. I first found a swirl stamp that fit nicely on the front of the card, I stamped the swirl in Versamark ink (which is a watermark ink & can also be used for embossing) this way the image is very light so that it is easy to follow along when adding the rhinestones yet you can't tell that you created yourself a little pattern to follow. This is a great way to add embellishments yourself in a nice creative design.

I am working on a few more cards so I hope to have something to share with you tomorrow!
Until next time :)

No comments: