February 23, 2010

Hoot Hoot for Owls and Distress Inks!

Hi Everyone! I am going to make this post short and sweet cause my arms are aching like crazy. I have mentioned that I take a Combat class (at Goodlife Fitness). These classes are a combination of boxing, karate and moy tai. This is my absolute most favorite class of them all, it really gives your whole body a terrific workout. I have been taking this class for nearly a year now and I wanted to change things up for myself, so I purchased some weighted gloves to wear. Now these gloves are only 1lb each but I'm telling you what a difference it made. I only made it through the first 6 tracks with the gloves on and then I just had to take them off. I know I am going to really be feeling it tomorrow......but no pain no gain right!?!
I will definitely wear them again next time and try to keep them on all class.

Anywhooo enough about me, here is the card that I want to share with you today. This is the front of the card, and excuse my ugly fingers but I had to hold the front flap closed because it wouldn't stay closed on it's own. The owl image was made using a cuttlebug folder and distress inks. I inked up the back of the folder so the owl is actually a reversed emboss. I also used the distress inks to ink up the edges of the beige cardstock. To cut the shape of the flap I used the biggest 'labels 1' die from Spellbinders and just rolled it through half way very carefully to the fold of the green cardstock and then just cut a label out with one size smaller for the top layer. The lace was bought at the dollar store and the flowers are actually from Michaels floral section. I like to buy the floral stems when they are on sale and then just pick the petals off. These ones have a velvety feel to them, and the actually flowers were to big on their own so I first cut them up and then used glue dots to re-arrange them.



The sentiment is a $1.50 stamp from Michaels and I used the same colored distress ink to stamp the sentiment. Oh and yes you can stamp with these inks and they do not stain your stamps. The edge was created using a Martha Stewart edging punch.




And last of all I though I would take a picture of the card opened up to give you a better idea of the shape and size.




Well off to get my kids from school. Hope that you all are having a great day! Oh so much for a short post....lol!!
Until next time :)




No comments: