February 16, 2010

Fun with Acrylic!

Hi Everyone! Today I am going to share with you a work in progress.
I found an acrylic albumn at Scrapbooker's Paradise and the pages are in the word 'BABY'. I took this albumn with me when I went away on the retreat, so that I could get a few ideas with what to do with this book. I already know who I am giving the book to, I just didn't know what I was going to do with it. As a few ladies and I were brainstorming, the idea of embossing and colors came out and it was my favorite idea. Now the big question.......How do I emboss this stuff?? Will it fit through the cuttlebug??

And the answer is YES!!! It sure will and it looks AwESoMe!


Okay so this is the entire book. The colors were done using my copic markers. I just love those markers!!
Now I will show you a few pictures so that you can get a better look at the embossing of each page.







Now I have to say that I started out with my really, really bent B plate to run these through and it was not easy. But I changed plates and it was easier, you still need quite a bit of elbow grease to crank these through but it works and I think it looks amazing!! This was a first for all of us that weekend so we all thought it was pretty cool! Oh and just in case you want to give this a try, the sandwich was 'A'plate, 'B'plate, acrylic page in embossing folder, and 'B'plate.

I am not finished yet, I am going to add some embellishments and stickles for some bling. I can't wait until it's done to see the finished product :0)

Well the kids are back in school today and I am off to a Combat Class....tons of fun! 
Until next time :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.