December 07, 2009

Trimming the Tree

Hi Everyone! I now have some time for some posts (so I will be scheduling a few). My card orders are now done, and I am going to begin on mine :) Also we are painting in the middle of painting our house (the inside...tehehehe for those of you who have never seen snow *wink*) Right now we have a whole lot of snow and it has been super cold here, I heard this morning on the radio that the temperature was -33C with the wind chill this morning. My van wouldn't start so my kids stayed home today, but tomorrow it is supposed to warm up a bit. Only -13C is what they predicted......here's hoping then I will be able to pick up my last few gifts.

Here is one of the cards that I made, and I must say that this one is my favourite of them all!!! I am totally making these for my cards next year (I will just start earlier).




The stamp is 'Trimming the Tree' an Elisabeth Bell image by Sugar Nellie Stamps. I just love, love, love these stamps!! The image is colored using copics and some glitter glue on the star. For the snowflake background I used white stazon to stamp the snowflakes, I find that this white really stands out nicer when stamped onto a colored cardstock. The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's 'Holiday Wishes' set. I used the Spellbinders Labels 1 die to cut out the image and a black die to cut out a background (one size bigger). I sponged the edges of the black die cut with Brilliance moonlight white to give the window more of a frosty look and the icicles were made using the Martha Stewart droopy goo punch and vellum. **Just a note for anyone wanting to make icicles with vellum. My daughter told me that I should add some glitter to them, so I tried it out on one and glue and vellum do not mix. I lightly touched the icicles with glitter glue using my finger to dab them and once they dried they curled up and looked all wrinkly. Hhhmmmm lesson learned :)

I think that's it, if you have any questions feel free to leave me a comment.......me loves to get them :0)
I will be back tomorrow!

No comments: