October 05, 2009

First Christmas Card

Hi Everyone!
Last night the snow started to fall and when I woke up this morning it was still falling. The roof tops are covered but it isn't cold enough yet for the ground to be covered......*whew* (a huge sigh of relief). I am not ready for winter yet, I would love to enjoy a long autumn first, last year we never really had one here. It snowed in October and the snow stayed with us until spring, which has never happened here. Anyhow with all that said, this cold weather that we are having has put me into the Christmas card making mood. I really wanted to get an earlier start this year and I have playing around with a few ideas.

This is the first card that I made. This one is a non traditional Christmas card, which are always super fun to make. This one is very simple and would be easy to mass produce (that is if I had enough DP, I found this one at Scrapbookers Paradise on the discount rack) and I guess you could always change up your DP. What a good way to go through your stock a bit :)

Here is the card:




Recipe:
Carstock: Papertrey Ink Stamper's Select white, Bazzill's Bling white
DP: SEI's Oasis
Inks: Tsukineko's Versamagic dew drops Gingerbread and Pink Grapefruit
Stamps: Sentiment from Papertrey Ink's  Holiday Wishes
Embellishments: Ribbon from Michaels, brad, snowflakes cut from Spellbinder dies

**I intended for this to post Sunday morning but was unable to get the pics done until Sunday evening.
Until next time :)

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am in LOVE with this card, Anita!!! Beautiful!