September 14, 2009

A Very Merry Birthday!

Hi Everyone! Yesterday was my son's birthday party (he turned 8 on Wednesday) and this year we had the party at our house for the first time in years. I think since he started school we have never had a party at the house, but you know what I liked it and most importantly so did he!! The kids had a great time, everybody can just run wild and there is tons to do here. So I think we will do the same when it comes time for my daughter's party too :)

Here is the card that I made for my guy.


This stamp is from a blog candy that I won from Anki. I just love this little guy on his bike, I also have the girl to match :)

I colored him with my copics. At the front tire I used some cool gray colors to ground the bike and I also used some warm gray colors behind the boy to give the effect of him moving (I love using my copics but still have so much to learn). I also added some distress inks by Ranger on the blue cardstock and some around the edges of the image. I have seen a few cards lately that have paint chips in the mix and when I found my checkered (if that is what you would call it??) DP it reminded me of paint chips. So I cut a strip and added that too. I just had to make a red card because that is his favorite color.

Well that's it for me today. My little man stayed home today cause he is not feeling well so I am gonna go and check on him. Until next time :)

2 comments:

Allison said...

Super cute and fun! Nice layout too!

Carolyn King said...

what a cute card. Happy birthday to your son--hope he is feeling better.