September 21, 2009

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Hi Everyone!
This past weekend was awesome as it was a four day weekend for my kids. We had PTI (parent teacher interviews) on Thursday and Friday was a PD day. On Saturday my daughter attended two birthday parties and I must say she was super excited and had a ton of fun at both but completely exhausted by the time she returned home. With her being gone all afternoon my son and I had some quality time together (just the two of us) and it was AwESoMe!! His birthday was last week and he had received a few gift cards, and I just have to say that gift cards are awesome!! Hhhmmmm seems that 'awesome' is my word of the day today :)
Anywhoo.....for our day together I took him to all of the stores so that he could spend his gift cards and he had a blast doing it. Now for all you moms out there with boys, we know how much they love to go shopping (yeah right) but today was his day and we had so much fun together. He actually told me at the end of the day that we need to do a Son & Mom day more often and I agree!! I also forewarned him that our next day together would not include a shopping spree :0)

Okay now that I shared in all my joy. Here is one of the cards that I made for parties over the weekend.







I haven't used any fun flock or liquid applique in such a long time, I thought it would be fun to pull all of that stuff out and give each cupcake a different texture.

Recipe:
Cardstock: Michaels
DP: Best Creation Inc.
Stamps: The Sentiment is from 'Birthday Cupcake' by Inkadinkado
             Cupcakes from $1.50 bin at Michaels
Inks: Black Memento, copic markers, and SU chocolate chip and Pixie Pink
Embellishments: fun flock, glitter glue, liquid applique, gemstone

I will share the other card that I made tomorrow :)


No comments: