August 03, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Hi Everyone! Wow, it's been a while :)  
I hope that you are all enjoying your summer break, we are here. We have been quite busy lately meeting friends and family, out in the 30C weather and soaking up some sun. Today we finally took a day to stay home and relax and good thing too because it is rainy here today, which is actually a nice break from the heat that we've been having.

Today I am showing you the card that I made for my Dad for his birthday. For this card I did some distressing and used a mask for the tree image. I had so much fun doing this technique!! I am hoping to find some time tonight and play with it a bit more :) 



Recipe:
Cardstock: white
Designer Paper: Daisy Bucket Designs 'In the Meadow' -finley (distressed with Antique linen)
Stamps: Happy Birthday from Penny Black's Critter Party set
Inks: Ranger Distress Inks 'Shabby Shutters, Peeled Paint, Pine Needles' and 'Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy, Vintage Photo' for the owls 
Tools: Martha Stewart Owl embossing punch, White Sakura Gel Pen, Tree Glimmer Screen by Tattered Angels
Embellishments: Yellow Ric Rac from Walmart

We are going to be leaving for our vacation soon and I haven't started getting ready yet, I just haven't felt in the 'packing zone' yet. I guess I should start on that tomorrow ;)




No comments: