August 12, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You Challenge

Hi Everyone!! Sorry I have been a lazy blogger lately but with school going back in soon I have been trying to spend as much time with my kids as possible.

Here is the card I made for the challenge over at 2 Sketches 4 You and if you get a chance, you should head on over there and have a look at everyones work. There are some amazingly talented people that play along each week.

In this picture I was trying to show that I raised some of the birds and also you can kinda see the card is finished on the inside.
I took a close up of the metalic backing that I used for the lettering. This backing is actually some left overs from another card that I had made for the wedding that we went to this past weekend and I was in such a rush I totally forgot to take a pic of that card. Anyways for the backing, I used Lumiere paints in gold and pearl white. I first painted the gold and then added a bit of the pearl white while the gold was still wet and blended them together. I also used a glossy finish cardstock to do this on so that the paint wouldn't soften the paper. You can really see the two colors better in person.

I am now off to take my kids to the zoo. It looks like it is going to be a beautiful day today.
Have a great day everyone!
Until next time :)

17 comments:

Laura Davis said...

The metallic embellishments are so pretty!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Judy B said...

So elegant!!!

Rosanne said...

Very pretty, love the use of the inks.

Ann said...

So pretty! Love the colors and those little birds. :D

Joke said...

What a sweet card. Love the scallop punch and the birds.

Joke

moralia said...

Beautiful card!! Love the birds~! Thanks for playing along with 2S4Y this week! :)

Perky Nihilist said...

Love the metallic elements.

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I used to live in Calgary and always consider it "home".

kath said...

gorgeous card Anita - love the birds and the metal embellishments
kath
xxxxxx

tomiannie said...

Lovely card!

Christine said...

Beautiful card! I love the swirl embellishment, and the metallic accents on this! Great job on the sketch!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Stunning card & colour combo.

Lorraine xxx

Sankari W. said...

Oh my goodnesss!!! What a stunningly beautiful card!!! i love the colors and the embellishments taht you used - and especially that the inside of your card is just as gorgeous as the outside of your card --- it is just beautiful!!!!

Sherry Wright said...

Beautiful in every way!

Kathryn said...

So lovely - -
The details are gorgeous! :)

Peet said...

This is so very beautiful!!!!

Carolyn King said...

VERY beautiful!

Ã…shild Ruud said...

Beautiful take on the sketch! Love the little birds and the metallic effect. Thanks for sharing :)