June 05, 2008

Hi There Baby

Last night I had a really good sleep......I just wish it was longer :)
They are cleaning the streets in our neighbourhood today and usually by the time I get home from run in the morning the street cleaners are not here yet. Well this morning they were but luckily not on our street yet, so I rushed to move the car and yeah just in time :) I sure wouldn't want to do their job....it must be very frustrating for them when people do not move their cars....and their are alot of cars on the street still! I mean who doesn't like to have their street cleaned......hhhmmm.
Anyways I edited my pics this morning and am now ready to share the card I made. This card has two purposes, first of all it is for a couple who just had their baby on the weekend and also it is from a sketch by Laura at 2 Sketches 4 You. There is also another sketch by Kazan that I will be doing tonight. 'Hence the name of the new blog' 2 Sketches - there are 2 lovely ladies that are doing sketches 4 you....lol. I love it!! What a great idea! There is a link under my daily blogging also.

Okay here is the card....
Here's the Recipe:
Cardstock - green, white, orange and light blue from Michaels
Patterned Paper - from Costco pack
Stamps - Lion from KI Memories 'It's a boy', Hi There from MFTstamps 'Essential Sentiments', and Baby from Imaginisce Snag 'em Stamps 'Birth Announcements'
Inks - SU's Only Orange, Green Galore, Brocade Blue and Basic Black
Tools used - SU's 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punchs, 1/4" circle punch, and small oval punch (with a bit of maneuvering with the paper to make it even smaller)
Embellishments - Ribbon from Michaels, Buttons from Autumn Leaves - Rhonna Farrer Christmas Collection (adhered with SU's cyrstal effects), and some glitter glue to add some sparkle to the lion's mane
Oh yeah I almost forgot to tell you what I used the 1/4" circle punch for. I punched out a bunch of circles and then adhered them to the back of the yellow square to make the scalloped edge. I think it worked out pretty well.
Hope you all have a great day!
Until next time :)

4 comments:

Kazan Clark said...

Such beautiful colors - I love how simply sweet this is. Thanks for playing at 2 Sketches 4 You
:)
Kazan

Laura Davis said...

Oh this is so cute!!! Thanks for participating:)
Hugs,
Laura

Ivy said...

This card is really cute! Nice colors!

Lea L. said...

Such a cute little card! Great job with Laura's sketch!
~Lea