June 06, 2008

For My Friend

Well I have my second card done for the sketch challenge over at '2 Sketches 4 You'. I made this card using Kazen's 1st sketch. This card is also for my long time friend, who is moving to B.C. at the beginning of July :( Well I'm just sad for myself but I am really happy for her and her family...and to boot they will be on our list of people to stay with when we go out there...YEAH!!

Okay here's the card....


Here's the Recipe:

Cardstock - SU's Chocolate Chip, orange and pink from Michaels
Patterned Paper - DCWV 'The Glitter Stack'
Inks - VersaMagic 'Pink Grapefruit' Dew Drop, and a brown from the Color Box Cat's Eyes Collection (the one with all the different browns in it)....I used the fourth one from the top :)
Tools - Cuttlebug embossing folder 'Friend', Dimensionals
Embellishments - Ribbon and Butterfly charm from Michaels, Flower and Circle gemstones, paper flowers

Just in case any of you reading this hasn't tried a sketch challenge yet. Try it!! It's great! You know how you have cards to make but you're stuck on what you should do....well there you go a sketch challenge. That way you are challenging yourself, having fun entering and making the card that you need to make all at the same time! So go ahead and give it a whirl!

Until next time :)


9 comments:

kath said...

Wow fabulous card Anita and love the bright colours

Kazan Clark said...

Love the color combo - that orange is fabulous. I think your friend is going to love the sweet thoughts that went into this.
:) Kazan

Bev said...

Fab card, love the bright colours

Laura Davis said...

Anita,
Darling card!!!
Thanks for playing along:)
Laura

lionblossom said...

I love the colours! Wow, what a nice card!
Hannari

Krista B. said...

Love the colours in your card, your card is adorable : )

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Great card!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Hi Anita, thanks for stopping by my blog & entering my candy comp. Good Luck.
What a gorgeous card, simply love the colours you have used.
Lorraine x

Lea L. said...

Cute card! Love the embossing! Great job with Kazan's sketch!