June 18, 2008

Big Adventure

Well I made my card for Laura's Sketch #2 over at 2 Sketches 4 You. These girls are so great and bless them for coming up with different sketch ideas all the time. I don't think that I could do that. Anyways here is my card....
Recipe:
Cardstock - white and pink from Michaels
Striped Paper - from Costco Pack
Inks - SU's craft white and only orange
Stamps - oohhh I can't remember who they are by
Embellishments - letters are 'Thickers' by American Crafts and ribbon from Michaels
Tools - Cuttlebug

For the really neat effect with the embossed paper, I ran ink on one side of an embossing folder then ran it through my cuttlebug...and voila, doesn't it look cool. That's what I was doing the other night. I read about it at Emily's blog......thanks a bunch for sharing {{{{HUGS}}}}

Well I am off to Costco after my morning run today. I had to wash my dishes by hand last night because I'm all out of dishwasher detergent ***Gasp*** ooohhh I'm just kidding it didn't really bother me that much. But I do have a few things to pick up, and as much as I love Costco when you are going there with a child all you want to do is get in, get what you need and get out. Hence the name of this card 'Big Adventure' because I'm sure that we will be having one today Ü

So enjoy your day and until next time :)

15 comments:

E.T said...

You are so right, the embossed paper looks fantabulous!
And I am so sorry about you washing your dishes! hehehe
I love your card!

shelley- aka hairchick said...

Great Card! Very summery!

Bev said...

Oh wow! What a fab card!!

Lindsay Spencer said...

Ya, that is way cool. I love it. It looks shiny and neat.

chloe said...

THIS IS SUPER CUTE! I AM A HUGE FAN OF THICKERS AND YOUR EMBOSSED PAPER IS GENIUS!

Lorraine Robertson said...

Hi Anita,
Thanks for leaving a lovely message on blog & yes had a great time at the Create & Craft Experience.
Love what you've done with this weeks sketch, especially the colours you have used.

Lorraine xxx

Rach said...

Hi Anita,
thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog....Your card is stunning...love what you did with your embossed paper...fantastic..love the colours you have used also..
I have put a link under your comment as to where i bought the Kerry jo stamp set...which is where the ballerina stamp comes from.
Hugs Rach.x

Hanneke said...

Thanks for your sweet comment!!

You made also a wonderful card!

Laura Davis said...

This is so pretty Anita! Great take on my sketch!
Laura

Kazan Clark said...

Love the colors - super fun and bright - Thanks for the sweet compliment about 2 Sketches 4 You but I think it is you all that come up with the wonderful cards!
:) Kazan

Lori K said...

Gorgeous! Love gthe bright colors.

kath said...

Great take on the sketch and just adore those thickers - am waiting for a big parcel of them arriving

Lea L. said...

So fun and summery!! Love it! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

All Pink girl said...

Scrummy yummy card realy gorgeous .Dawnx

Terrie B x said...

Lovely card for the sketch:)x