June 28, 2008

2 Sketches 4 You and Grade 1 Grad

Hi *WoW* what a week! I'm just glad that school is done and that summer is here YIPEE! The weather here is gorgeous and are sicknesses are much better today (huge grin). I have two things to share with you today.

First one is my card for Kazan's sketch over at 2 Sketches 4 You. What a great sketch she did :)
Here's my take on it....
For the Paisley embossing on the green, I used my cuttlebug and SU's Craft Very Vanilla. I used a dauber to sponge the ink on after I embossed. All the flowers are felt flowers that I made, and I added some Jones Tones 3D metalic paint for the embellishing on them. The 'thoughtful' was cut out using my Cricut Expressions.....oh I really love my machine!!! I am going to be doing alot more cutting.

Okay for my next share, I have two pics of what I made for my son's class for their 'graduation'...well for passing grade 1!! The teacher put these along with their report cards....on these pics I have blurred out where the teachers name is :)

These were pretty easy to make. It was really nice having a Crop-a-Dile to put in all those eyelets. The number 1's were cut out using my Cricut Expression. I made a total of 20. I thought I would make them so that the kids could have them as a little keepsake that they could hang up in their rooms or something. I know for me that Grade 1 was the best and I'll never forget my teacher that I had Mrs. Damour....oh how I loved her.

Well that's it for me, enjoy your weekend and until next time :)


6 comments:

Lindsay Spencer said...

Your card is so cute. I love the contrast.

Kazan Clark said...

This came out so cute Anita - these colors are fabulous together - thanks for posting - you are so NOT late :) Kazan

Lea L. said...

Such a pretty card....love the embossed paisleys! Great job with the sketch!

~Lea

Laura Davis said...

Super cute! Love the colors you used!
Laura

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Your card is beautiful...I love the embossing!
Thank you for the kind comment on my blog!
Have a wonderful day!

Angie Tieman said...

Great card! Love that pasiley background and the wonderful flowers! Also love your 1st grade graduation tags, definitely need to do that for my kiddos next year! TFS!